Honey biscuits are my all time favourite biscuit to make. They are soft, chewy, super easy to make and taste incredible.
The cinnamon and honey flavours make them the perfect recipe for Autumn.
Why not give them a try for yourself:
Honey Biscuit Ingredients:
180g self raising flour
1 table spoon of honey (golden syrup can be used as an alternative)
1 egg yolk
This is a very basic recipe, I’m going to keep it brief and easy. Feel free to ask questions if you are unsure of anything!
- Start by creaming together the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk, sieve the flour and add the cinnamon and honey.
- Mix together until the mixture starts to form into a dough, then time to get messy! Use your hands to bring the rest of the dough together.
- Take about a teaspoon size of dough (or more if you want them bigger) roll between your hands and place on a floured baking tray. Press down so the ball is flat and the biscuit is just under a centimetre thick.
- Repeat until you’ve used up all your dough. Remember to leave space between your biscuits as they will expand while they cook.
- Bake in an oven for 10-12 minutes at 200°C until golden brown
Leave to cool and enjoy!